Thailand November 1999
I spent three weeks in Thailand in the period 9. - 29. November in 1999. During the first two weeks I travelled together with a dozen other Candidatus scientarium students from the University of Bergen, and the last week together with professor Göran Högstedt.
Trip itinerary: We entered Thailand at Bankok airport, and went directly to Khao Yai National Park. We spent three nights here, before returning to Bankok. Hua Hin and Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park followed the next two days. Then we moved over to Krabi, and had our basecamp at Railay beach for four nights. The last week was spent in the northeast, at Doi Inthanon and its surroundings, before heading back to meet up with the others in Krabi.
- November 9: Entering Thailand and Khao Yai
- November 10: Exploring the birds of Khao Yai
- November 11: Siberian Blue Robin
- November 13: Urban chaos - One Night in Bankok
- November 14: Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park
- November 15: A perfect day of birding
- November 16: Railay beach
- November 17-20: Krabi and surroundings
- November 23-25: Doi Inthanon
- November 26: Doi Suthep
In due time I will transcribe the remaining daily travel routes and birding logs, as well as post scanned slides. Meanwhile, you might want to look at the total species list below.